Reopening our practice
Your health and safety is our primary concern. As we begin to reopen our practice, rest assured we will ensure proper controls and precautions are in place to protect you, your family, and our staff. Our team is committed to providing you with the highest quality of care in the safest possible environment.
Ensuring your safety
Our staff is trained to follow procedures recommended by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). We take their recommendations seriously and incorporate best practices recommended by each into our regular routine.
Our practice employs the most up-to-date dental sterilization equipment and machines, including dental autoclaves, dental sterilizers, and steam sterilizers. These machines use pressure, steam, and heat to kill any and all bacteria on dental instruments.
In addition, all surfaces are made safe and clean by:
- Requiring the use of gloves and face masks for staff and clients
- Ensuring disinfectant hand soap is available throughout the office
- Utilizing disposable materials whenever possible
- Cleaning countertops and surfaces with disinfectants on an hourly basis
- Sterilizing all equipment before and after each use
A great majority of the instruments we use in our practice are disposable. These items include: gloves, face shields, masks, gowns, gauze, brushes, and floss and are safely discarded after each patient visit.
Our staff is trained in best practices of using and handling disposable materials, ensuring they are properly stored, used, and disposed of.
Instruments used during exams and procedures that cannot be discarded are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use. We use the following process to make sure proper dental sterilization practices are followed:
- Clean – All instruments are thoroughly cleaned before being sterilized. Cleaning is performed using ultrasonic cleaners, which remove all bacteria, germs, and debris.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in medical-grade packaging prior to sterilization. They remain sealed in packages until they are ready for use.
- Sterilization – Once safely packaged, instruments are sterilized using FDA- approved machines, including dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect – After each use, all machines and surfaces in our practice are thoroughly disinfected using EPA-approved surface cleaners.
Our process and protocols follow best practices for dental sterilization and ensure that your main concern when visiting our office is how great your smile will look when you leave.
Training and our commitment to our clients
Your trust and confidence are of the utmost importance to us. Our staff undergoes rigorous training in cleaning techniques to ensure that we are providing you with the safest environment possible.
Our systems and procedures are updated regularly following the guidance of the American Dental Association and the CDC. Should you have any questions, just give us a call or ask during your visit. We will gladly provide you with detailed descriptions and more information about the steps we take to protect you and your family from bacteria, viruses, and other infectious diseases.
We look forward to seeing you!